Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

January 20, 2009

Learning the Craft.

I forgot to mention that yesterday I had an intern of sorts. Gabby, this local high school senior, is doing that project that everyone has to do about interviewing someone in the career path you maybe want to pursue. So she calls me up a few months ago and did an interview and then needed to spend some time in the field with that person. Yesterday she followed me along to a few photo assignments and learned my day-to-day work flow and I showed around the office and we even used one of her photos on the website that she took during an MLK parade. Speaking of which, here's one of mine from said parade. All of these Obama supporters had paper masks of him and wore them. It made for an interesting portraits, especially the woman wearing it...


Nikon D700, 70-200 f/2.8


Also, Gabby spent other assignments shooting photos of me for her presentation. I rarely have photos of me shooting, so here's one.


I'm using a D700 with a 60 f/2.8 macro lens and an SB-800 flash and shooting a photo of an acupuncturist.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment