Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

February 28, 2009

Model Behavior. pt. 2



I got together this afternoon with a model friend, Savanah in Carmel Valley.

She had a few ideas she wanted shot (in this white dress with her horse) and I found this really cool external lamp and we got together and made some sweet, sweet photos.

I picked up a set of Pocket Wizards (wireless radio controlled modules), which have made life easy a pie to shoot flash. Holy moses.

My light was a single SB-800 on a light stand at 1/4 power a f/8 and gel'd mostly with a full CTO and my WB set at 2700-3700K and from a cool trick I learned, shooting flash and setting my WB to fluorescent gives these cool bright tones. I shot both an F100 (with Ektar 100) and my D700 at 200 ISO between f/4-10.

Everything performed extremely well and I'm happy with these fashion-y shots.

Post-processed in Adobe Lightroom and CS3.




~ nic

More model work of mine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment