Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

February 24, 2009

Model Behavior.

So through a few connections, I've become a fashion photographer.

Now let's clear the misconception that working with good looking models is heaven. Well, it is, but it's still hard work. It can get pretty hectic with everyone running around. I wish I had had a chance to meet the models prior and talk to them individually about small cues, looks and small stuff. Oh well.

I shot for the opening runway show of Charlotte Grace in Carmel. This model really stuck out to me and shot well and she could work it.

I had a single shoot-thru umbrella off to the left of the red carpet aimed at the models. My flash was an SB-800 at f/8 at 1/4 power triggered by Pocket Wizards from my camera, which was set at 1/125 sec at f/8.

More to come...





~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment