Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

May 28, 2009

Animal Collective in Big Sur.




Last night I got the highly-anticipated assignment (and a hard one to get a press pass for) when I shot Animal Collective at Henry Miller Library in Big Sur.

Tickets for the experimental group's set sold out in minutes a few months back. I'm illustrating a story on the concert promoter, Britt Govia of Folk Yeah, who is touted as a "Bill Graham" type.

The Library always has cool shows and the fog made for a cool atmosphere. As I've been shooting concerts, I've found many cool shots come not only from the performers, but also from the crowd as there can be some cool passion.

I enjoy the challenge of making photos with stuff like this, because I want to always just shoot the band, but there are many great photos elsewhere if you know how to look for them.

The story I wrote for the Weekly is here.

Here is my work:







~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment