Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

May 9, 2009

Random Sports.

So eventually I want to shoot a lot of sports full-time, so I love shooting them for work when I can. 

I was driving home from work and there was that perfect afternoon light near dusk, so I looked for ways to make cool photos in the light pockets. 

These were all shot on my Nikon D700 with a 28-70 f/2.8 or a 70-200 f/2.8 with a 1.4 TC.

This guy I shot about 5 frames of while shooting little league from the stands. I always love the bird's eye view shot for nearly anything. It's a cool composition. 

A biker jumps over a fun box at the Monterey skate park.

I like how the flag is in focus and the rider is not.

Baseball is always fun to shoot, especially at Jack's Park, because you can shoot from directly behind the plate.

The pitcher reacts after hitting a batter in the hands.

I've always dug this composition with only the pitcher in focus.


Nice light filling in the evening.

I rented a 600 f/4 from NPS and surfing, car racing, and monsters trucks to come in the next week.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment