Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

July 16, 2009

Weddings Shot on Film.


Yes, I do still shoot film and in fact, I shoot film weddings too.

A few months ago, I assisted Lindsey Walker with a wedding in Carmel. She shoots only film and asked me to help out. The ceremony was on the 18th green at Pebble Beach, late in the afternoon.

Being a predominately digital shooter, it was a challenge, but a good challenge.

I shot with (2) Nikon F100 camera bodies and a handful of lenses including:

- Nikkor 28-70 f/2.8
- Nikkor 35-70 f/2.8
- Nikkor 70-210 f/4-5.6

I also carried a Nikkor 20-35 f/2.8, but didn't end up using it at all.

We shot Kodak Portra 160 Vivid Color film for color and Kodak BW 400cn for black-and-white.

I'm not huge on the Kodak BW stuff, but it turns out fairly even, but not as contrast-y as I would like.

It's funny, because I shoot completely different, technically speaking, but we made some nice photos and she says the couple loves the work, which is the main thing.






~ nic



No comments:

Post a Comment