Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

August 16, 2009

2009 Car Week

This past week was Monterey's annual car week, which brings in fancy cars and car people from all over the world.

I'm not into them a whole lot, but a few of the Alfas and older Porsches are neat.

On Friday evening, I wandered down to the auctions and shot cars on display for bidders. I wasn't too into it, so I tried to make arts-y shots instead. It kind of worked.

I also played with a few of these in Photoshop, changing them to black-and-white and playing with the contrast.


A cool Porsche 911 from the '70s.

An antique car on auction at Russo and Steele at the Marriott.

On Saturday, I went to Laguna Seca and shot the Historics, an event where they actually drive all these neat, old cars. What a concept!


A simple picture made cooler by the fact that the driver threw up a peace sign at me as he zipped by on Rainey Curve.



I've done shots like this before with bicycles and motorcycles, but I still think it's a neat composition.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment