Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

September 21, 2009

2009 Monterey Jazz Festival.


Oddly enough, by far my favorite photo from the Jazz Festival this year is the one above of Esperanza Spalding performing in Dizzy's Den on Sunday. She was definitely my favorite performer of the show and not bad to look at either (not to mention my camera (a D300 with a 70-200 f/2.8) really shows nice smooth detail and sharpness even at ISO 2000. I might even get an enlargement of this photo for my desk at work.

Anytime she performed, she had this great, raw intensity and you could see how lost she would get into jazz (see photo below). I like both shots, especially the first one, because it is a nice, real moment she had and I captured it.


Joe Lovano performing in Dizzy's Den.




Until next year...

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment