Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

September 13, 2009

2009 Triathlon at Pacific Grove.

I shot the PG Triathlon yesterday morning, which I do enjoy, because it's a such a mix of different sports and has the potential for really cool images.

I really wanted to show the intense spectacle of how these athletes function during the race and I think that came across.




I kind of like this frame better than the one above it, because of the guy's anguish in front.




Showing the quick motion was a key element for me.

Little details like the energy bar in the mouth made shots like this unique.



I also tried framing the spectators on side of shots to get away from the straight-on cyclist shot.




I like this image of one triathlete during the National Anthem.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment