Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

September 28, 2009

A WIDE Perspective.

Nikon D700, 28-70 f/2.8, converted in Photoshop CS3.

About a week ago, I bought a 14mm f/2.8 lens. For those of you who know, 14mm is VERY wide.

I bought it mostly for a remote camera and also so I can get a nice wide angle when needed.

As left the office this evening, I wanted to break the lens in a little bit and there in a spot in in New Monterey I saw the other day and made a few nice shots.

I like the ability to open the lens to f/2.8 and get real close (the below shot was maybe 2 inches at most from the leave), which opens the photo to an interesting and different perspective.

Nikon D700, Sigma 14 f/2.8, IR converted in Photoshop CS3.

I put my camera on "Vivid" color to have the reds really punch and emulate my favorite Vivid Saturation Kodak film.

Nikon D700, Sigma 14 f/2.8.

I liked getting really close to the ground and "expanding" the sidewalk a ton.


Nikon D700, Sigma 14 f/2.8.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment