Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

October 2, 2009

War Protest.


So after taking a reluctant request from my editor to shoot a few stills at a war protest (at 5pm on a Friday...), I grabbed my cameras and wandered on down.

A bit jaded from covering similar ones in the past, I made a conscious decision to make new photos. The above photo presented itself due to the kid and his dad flying a kite on the beach in the background behind an anti-war sign. It struck an interesting cord in my head to see that contrast.

The shot below was a bit odd, because these two kids grabbed some signs at the request of their parents (who were also holding signs). What struck me here was that there were two kids who might not yet understand what they're making a stand against, but still did.


The girl below, Jess Martin, I had photographed before at the local health care reform town hall meeting and we had a nice, little chat this afternoon about one's motivation to hold a sign.



Psychic fair tomorrow...

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment