Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

December 4, 2009

Wedding: Amy and Erik Hormann


A few months ago I shot the wedding of two, very good friends of mine.

I worked with Erik at Boy Scout camp for many summers and Amy worked down there for a few as well.

The wedding was up on the Sacramento Delta at Grand Island Mansion and not wanting to screw it up completely, I asked my good buddy David Royal (his work is phenomenal) to help me out.

Amy put us up for two nights in Elk Grove, so we hightailed it up I-5 and shot away.

Here's some of my work. I was extremely happy with the finished product. With all my clients, my main goal is pleasing the customer, because it's not just another wedding, but their wedding.

As with all my work, I make a distinct effort to shoot differently and make interesting photos that are new and tell the story. I captured interesting details and emotion that I think Erik and Amy will be able to relive for a while.

Check the photographNic Facebook page for much more photos, blogs and behind-the-scenes schtuff...





(This is one of my favorite photos from the entire 800 photos I gave to Erik and Amy. I love the grins on the edge of the frame and the drips of champagne that are spilling. Darn good detail from these new cameras...)






Let me know what you think.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment