Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

February 6, 2010

Sports: Hang Gliding

A few folks flew kites from the beach, so I managed to frame both together.

A 300 f/2.8 lens I borrowed from NPS (Nikon Professional Services) arrived on my desk at work yesterday, which I had requested to cover the upcoming AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am next week.

So with expected rains that didn't happen and nice, sunlight, I headed out to Marina State Beach in hopes of finding some hang gliders. And I did.

The 300 stayed on my full-frame D700, while my D300 had a 17-35 f/2.8 mounted for wider shots. I had my other lenses with me, but didn't want to change lenses in the windy sand.


This is a shot of the guy launching and a remote control place pilot watching from the parking lot in the background.







~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment