Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

February 3, 2010

Music: Zoe Boekbinder

The Ticket Taker.

One of the coolest people on the planet and one of my favorite subjects to photograph, Zoe Boekbinder, performed last night in Monterey.

Zoe and her sister Kim are from the area and had this great folk duo of circus-y, wild music called Vermillion Lies and now each sister is doing their solo thing.



Zoe has this great, classic deep-ish crooning voice and writes great songs and is just a great subject to shoot, so I try to whenever she's in town.

Zoe's friend, Dakota Bell Witte, opened the show with her unique, story telling ukelele set.


I shot these with a wide array of lenses, mostly wide open at f/1.4 or f/2.8, depending on the lens. I really love my 85 f/1.4. it's super sharp and fairly light.







~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment