Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

February 18, 2010

Portraits: I Love Shoes!


Nike Dunk Hi.

I love shoes and have a bunch of brightly-colored sneakers and cool boots.

I decided to photograph them with some cool lighting and shadows, which shows
them off in a more exciting way.


Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars Hi.

Even cooler with the black logo and black laces.


Vasque Skywalker.

I bought these boots ten years ago for a 70-mile backpack trip with the Boy Scouts. They're Gore-tex and been through many miles all over the state and Big Sur's trails. I recently shot golf at Pebble Beach anda they're still comfortable and beat to hell.


Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars lo.

I bought these Chucks for $6 on sale at Sear's in San Luis Obispo. They were part of my Halloween costume for many years when I dressed up as Hunter S. Thompson and have tons of (now faded) black Sharpie marker in weird squiggles.


The soles of brown Beatles' boots.


Van's checkered slip-ons.

Comfortable, all-the-time, lazy sneakers.


Kangaroo's.

Cool name for sneakers, don't wear them much.


Dr. Marten 8-eyelet 1460.

Dr. Marten's are the toughest shoes around and they will last, literally, forever.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment