Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

March 11, 2010

Light: Those Golden Hours

Soccer at Laguna Grande park in Seaside.

Talk to most photographers about the best times of the day to photograph and someone will mention "the golden hour." It's the time right after sunrise and right before sunset. The sky emits a super nice, warm glow of very soft light. Great time to shoot portraits...

Every day I pass Laguna Grande park on Canyon Del Rey in Seaside and in the evening, there is always a group of Mexican guys playing soccer until it gets too dark to see. It's a great scene and I stopped today to shoot a photo (see above).

Shore plants at Laguna Grande park in Seaside.

I also dropped by the skate park in Monterey, which overlooks Lake El Estero and even though I'd shot skateboarders there a ton, there was a different picture I saw.

I wanted to photograph the skateboarders with the mirrored dusk light in the main frame.


A kid skateboards at El Estero Skate Park in Monterey.

~ nic

No comments:

Post a Comment