Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

April 20, 2011

My Six Favorite Photos from Sea Otter Classic 2011

Big air tricks on Saturday afternoon.

This past weekend, I photographed one of my favorite events all year: bicycle racing and stunts at Sea Otter Classic.

I made some very nice pictures and was super happy with my work, as I tried new things and ideas while shooting. Like, as my buddy and great MotoGP photog Andrew Wheeler says, never spend more than 10 minutes in one spot and make the subject as small as possible...

I also hung out with the Specialized team and friends of mine that work for them and they are one badass, supercool company.

View more photos at the Monterey County Weekly photo blog.

View even more photos at my website for PhotographNic.

Pro Men's Downhill on Sunday morning at the 2011 Sea Otter Classic at Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.

Lea Davison of Team Specialized beats Kelli Emmitt of the Giant Factory Team to fourth place during the Pro Women's Cross-Country on Saturday afternoon at the 2011 Sea Otter Classic at Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.

Lea Davison of Team Specialized pedals up the hill during the Pro Women's Cross-Country on Saturday afternoon at the 2011 Sea Otter Classic at Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.

Riders fly down the course during the Pro Men's Dual Slalom on Saturday afternoon during the 2011 Sea Otter Classic at Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.


A rider soars down the downhill course on Sunday morning during the 2011 Sea Otter Classic at Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.

No comments:

Post a Comment