It's funny that there is a lot of things I am into now that I got from my dad.
- I love jazz music and older rock when he would listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's So Far record and Elton John, both of which I listen to still.
- I love horror films and I remember watching "creature features" with him on television when I was a kid.
- Cooking and eating good good food. Both of my parents are good cooks and my sister and I both picked that up.
- Even photography to an extent. I remember being a kid and thinking that this giant, worn purple camera bag he had with a Minolta XG-M and lots of cool, twisty lenses was the neatest thing ever, even if I have no idea how it worked... Too bad it got stolen from my car. Maybe I'll get him a replacement some day...
- Even stuff like my original major in college—construction management—was semi-inspired by always working on stuff with him, helping to remodel parts of the house and such, and growing up watching This Old House and New Yankee Workshop.