Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

August 25, 2011

MotoGP at Indianapolis Motor Speedway


Elena Myers does a test ride on the Suzuki MotoGP bike on Thursday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

I am on vacation this week(end), but I am on a dream assignment. I convinced my editor to let me shoot MotoGP racing at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indiana.

It's a great place to shoot racing with its rich history of car racing over the last hundred years.

I am rooming with my friend and one of the top MotoGP photographers Andrew Wheeler of AutoMotoPhoto.

Today was a bit slow, but AMA SuperSport star Elena Meyers tested a MotoGP bike made by the Suzuki factory team, so I got to photograph some track action.

Indianapolis is a nice, classic Americana town. We drive through these fantastic, green neighborhoods that are spreadout and green with nice, full trees everywhere. It's definitely a different culture than California, but enjoyable.

Good people in a good place.

I'll update throughout the weekend.



Elena Meyers in the Suzuki garage.


Meyers down the start-finish straightaway.


Indianapolis MotoGP paddock.


The Brickyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment