Behind-the-Camera of Photojournalist Nic Coury in Monterey County, California.

September 25, 2011

Making a Photo.


The above photo illustrates something that I explain to people about being a professional photographer and that is that I have a lot of bad frames.

That shot is from turn 5 during a morning practice session at the 2011 Red Bull Indianapolis Moto Grand Prix a few months ago. I was positioned about 10 feet down from the photo window to shoot the bikes coming at me (see the below photo) and I kept missing the picture: it just wasn't working as a frame, so I moved on, but it took me a bunch of missed shots to see this.

The point being that pros make a lot, and I'm talking a much higher number, of bad frames that keepers, but we only show the good stuff...



No comments:

Post a Comment